Friday 24 July 2020

Song Choice for my Music Video


The song I have chosen to make my music video on is 'Prom Queen' by Beach Bunny. I chose to do a Beach Bunny song as their songs are socially critical, as well as being of a very high standard, with provocative lyrics and simple production, and a style of music I enjoy. 

The song 'Prom Queen' explores Beach Bunny's personal struggles with identity and the pressure placed on young females by society, as well as beauty standards. With provocative and emotional lyrics exploring eating disorders, self harm and insecurities masked by an angsty, upbeat guitar riff, its musical production represents the internal struggle the lead singer faced, while externally acting 'fine'. The song gained popularity with in the indie industry quickly, but reached mainstream attention through social media, and has been spread as the anthem for protesting female beauty standards and the effect they have on young girls.





No comments:

Post a Comment