Wednesday 23 September 2020

The ideal audience member

 My ideal audience member would be a young, socially conscious person age 16-25. In terms of politics, the ideal audience member would be a liberal, left leaning, open minded individual. Gender is not important, as my music video aims to protest and represent the female beauty standards, however the audience member does not need to be female to be able to understand the representations in the video and the lyrical representation of the song. As Beach Bunny is an alternative, indie band, my perfect audience member would be someone who listens to bands similar to Beach Bunny, or alternative music in general. Named artists and bands that are similar to Beach Bunny would be Beabadoobee, Her's, Boy Pablo and Pale Waves. Regarding their clothing, they would either wear y2k/early 2000s style clothing, as this was one of my inspirations for the video, as well as wearing clothes they feel comfortable and empowered in, with an alternative style. I have included images below of ideal clothing for my perfect audience member. 

My video is going to attract my perfect audience member, as it will be filled with political and cultural representations, as well as tackling the issue of self-esteem and female beauty standards represented by the media. Therefore, my video will attract liberal, open minded, young people either looking for representation and relatability shown through a music video, or looking for understanding and information through a video. My video will have realistic visual representations of self-esteem issues and female beauty and body standards, while also having non-realistic visual elements that represent the emotional toll that body standardisation has on one's self-image.













No comments:

Post a Comment